Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One foot in front of the other

I'm at day 20 of being unemployed. Yes, that's right. This lady who's been working since she was 14 years old has been filling out unemployment claims, buried in applications and confused on how to get approved to continue school while claiming, along with investigating other schooling programs (LPN, CNA, Surgical Tech...), all on top of job searching, like a mad woman and waiting to hear if I get food stamp assistance - it has been a crazy three weeks!!

After the initial shock wore off that I was no longer working in the car business, (and the manner in which I was dismissed), I've been able to look at my situation as an opportunity to dive into the profession I want - health care.

Although many things have drastically changed, I am a survivor. I've been through trying times (I tried to be an actor once). I am a worker; I value my independence and get pride out of earning my own paycheck. Things will turn around.

I appreciate so much the amazing support and kind words from my friends these past three weeks. You all know how much of my character is attributed to how hard working I am, and this situation has been very stressful for me. Thank you for your patience and helping me through the online applications, advice and assistance with the different avenues to pursue for help.

No comments: