Tuesday, January 12, 2010

so it's late... what does that mean?

This is such a great question. The answer could be moot or substantial.

I was asked by a co-worker regarding a deal that today needed to be in the hands of a California DMV clerk and clearly, the deal would not make it to Sacramento by 4pm, "what does that mean?"

"It's late."

"Yeah, but what does that mean?" he asked.

"Uh... I dunno."

As of this moment, it being late means nothing. The two state offices, California and Oregon, could get on our case for submitting late paperwork (although, we had not received it back from the customer until today), the dealership's policy was broken and the customer's could ultimately be irritated by a delay of the deal being processed but... those are all what ifs and they mean nothing right now.

This is when my mind started to wonder as well as my fingers to the keyboard - apply this question to something else like your period; oh my God, am I pregnant? Or to your rent; Dammit! Rent's late, there's a $50 late fee. Man, do the answers to that question really freaking matter.

No comments: